Welcome to West Lakeview! Here’s a quick guide to some of the basics for living, working, or visiting in our neighborhood. If you see a resources missing and would like to request that it be added to this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all links will open in a new window.
The WLVN boundaries are split between the 44th Ward (east of Ashland Avenue) and the 47th Ward (west of Ashland). The aldermanic websites have many resources, including news about local development, information about parking passes and street cleaning, and more.
44th Ward Ald. Tom Tunney
47th Ward Ald. Ameya Pawar
Mayor Rahm Emanuel
County, State, and Federal Government
10th District Commissioner Bridget Gainer (residents east of Ashland)
12 District Commissioner John Fritchey (residents west of Ashland)
11th District Rep. Ann Williams (residents west of Lakewood)
12th District Rep. Sara Feigenholtz (residents east of Lakewood)
Police and Safety
19th Police District: West Lakeview is in the 19th Police District, led by Commander Mark Buslik. The community can provide input to the 19th District through CAPS (Chicago Alternate Policing Strategy) beat meetings. West Lakeview is in beats 1922 (west of Southport) and 1924 (east of Southport). View the 19th District CAPS meeting schedule here and view local crimes here.
BARR Neighbors is a community group that overlaps with the WLVN boundaries, representing residents between Belmont-Newport and Racine-Ashland. It is primarily concerned with security and is exploring private security options.
West Lakeview has several public and private schools listed below. View City of Chicago elementary school boundaries here.
Blaine Elementary (Pre-K to 8), 1420 W. Grace St.
Burley Elementary (Pre-K to 8), 1630 W. Barry Ave.
Hamilton Elementary (Pre-K to 8), 1650 W. Cornelia Ave.
Saint Andrew School (Pre-K to 8), 1710 W. Addison St.
St. Luke Academy (Pre-K to 8), 1500 W. Belmont Ave.
Lake View High School (9-12), 4015 N. Ashland Ave.
Gross Park (1700 block of Henderson)
Lois Klein Park (Lincoln and Addison)
Merryman Playlot Park (Grace and Marshfield)
Sheil Park (Southport and Cornelia)
Margaret Donahue Park (School and Lakewood)
- CTA buses: Bus lines run through West Lakeview or along its borders with the Ashland No. 9, Belmont No. 77, Irving Park No. 80 and Addison No. 152.
- CTA trains: Brown Line stops located at Southport and Paulina in West Lakeview, with several more stops near our boundaries.
- Divvy: Bikeshare stations are located at the following West Lakeview intersections: Belmont/Racine; Belmont/Southport; Belmont/Lincoln; Roscoe/Southport; Roscoe/Lincoln; Addison/Lincoln; and Grace/Ashland.
- Parking: See more information about residential parking permits from the 44th Ward and 47th Ward.
- Street sweeping: See street sweeping schedules from the 44th Ward and 47th Ward.
- 311 services
- Department of Building
- Department of Planning and Development
- Parking stickers
- Voter registration