Save the date for our FINAL community meeting of 2017, which is at 7 p.m. Monday, November 13 on the second floor of The Butcher’s Tap, 3553 N. Southport Ave. RSVP on Facebook here. A meet-and-greet with complimentary appetizers and a cash bar will begin at 6:30 p.m.
1) Community updates: We will have representatives from various community organizations and update residents on upcoming events in the neighborhood.
2) Community grant program: West Lakeview Neighbors is seeking grant proposals for events, programs, and improvement projects in the neighborhood! One of our goals is to improve the quality of life in our community. If you have a project or an idea that WLVN may fund, please submit using this form by 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 10. Once proposals are submitted, the WLVN board of directors will review them and make announcements by Giving Tuesday. Submit a community grant proposal or idea here.
3) Street festival committee: Our annual street festival is the largest fundraiser for WLVN, and our Street Festival Committee just met for the first time this year. Come to get an update on our plans and learn how to get involved.
4) Renew your membership for 2018 at the meeting!
We hope you’ll stop by to learn about how you can get involved in the community and to renew your membership with WLVN in 2018 by paying the $20 annual dues. New and renewing members will get a West Lakeview tote bag.
As a paid WLVN member you can:
- Vote on important neighborhood developments and proposals.
- Join a committee to focus on issues important to you.
- Help us raise more money to put back into neighborhood events and projects.
- Access neighbor networking nights.
- Get a free tote bag for shopping locally!
Or, pay your membership dues online
You can also pay your 2018 membership dues online at http://www.wlvn.org/
Annual dues are $20 per household (up to 2 voting members), and voting members must live within the WLVN boundaries: Irving Park (between Ravenswood and Ashland) and Addison (between Ashland and Racine) on the north; Belmont on the south; Racine on the east; and Ravenswood on the west.